Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Prevention Program
1. Why is this program important?
A. Falls are the single most preventable source of the loss of independence among seniors.
2. What does the program include?
A. The program includes a comprehensive look at all sources of imbalance and falling, including vision, hearing, nutrition, medical, physical, and household safety.
3. What if I just had an eye exam or physical exam? Do I have to have another exam?
A. No. Your Optometrist or Doctor can complete a short form included in your Welcome Kit. This completed form is sent to a Portrait Health Nurse Navigator.
4. What else is included in my Welcome Kit?
A. Overview of the program, Evaluation forms to be completed by your doctors, Tips on Household safety, Sample Fall Risk Assessment Report.
5. Is this a one-time risk assessment?
A. No, this is a quarterly program that provides key recommendations and evaluates progress in each of the major areas, using our Portrait Health Risk Tracker.
6. Is this program covered by insurance?
A. All exams are typically covered by insurance. Check with your provider to verify the coverage allowances for Vision, Auditory, and Medical Examinations.